My public resume
Senior Analyst, Engineer @ National Australia Bank | Jan 2021 - present
- Provided technical support and guidance related to AWS, Jenkins CI/CD, and cloud infrastructure for engineering teams
- Worked as DevOps engineer to build custom CI CD pipeline for Terraform code repository and Jenkins job to scaffold Terraform repository.
- Trained and mentored a group of 8 freshers for NAB's Starcamp program, which won 2nd runner-up award for capstone project. Received best mentor award and recognition
- Migrated existing microservices and web apps to new AWS account to adhere to NAB's engineering standard and enterprise compliance, improves code quality and security, and ensure CI/CD's consistency across multiple services within NAB.
- Integrated existing microfrontends with AppDynamic to setup real user monitoring (RUM).
- Implemented Borrowing Power Calculator, which recorded about 15k users visiting the app within the first week after production launch and the tool is now in top 8 of most used tools.
- Researched Kafka, NAB’s Kafka ecosystem and organized seminars to share knowledge and guide multiple engineering teams, which reduces members’ learning time and learning curve.
- Built internal npm package to allow microservices to easily integrate with NAB’s internal Kafka for publishing and consuming messages.
Software Engineer @ SalesHood | Mar 2017 - Dec 2020
- Researched and redesigned architecture for deploying, storing and serving web static assets to improve page load speed by 30% by leveraging AWS’s CDN solutions (CloudFront, Lambda and S3).
- Received endorsement from VP of Engineering for accomplishment in improving web page's load speed.
- Improved UI/UX and eased development effort by refactoring and migrating to React, including implementing design system and npm package for reusing React components.
- Implemented Ruby and Rails version upgrade of core backend to fix security vulnerabilities, open opportunities to apply new features.
- Refactored backend service to fix code linting and styling error, enforce code style, along with re-structuring code structure and applying Swagger for API documentation.
- Trained and mentored new members and junior engineers to help them learn SalesHood’s tech stack, process and support technical issues.
Software Engineer @ Nash Tech | Feb 2016 - Fev 2017
- Implemented feature and maintain internal Talent Management System to allow HR teams to track and record all employees’ personal information, working experience and skills.
- Participated in Fresher (internship) program to get on-hands experience and learn to be a full stack engineer.
- Node.js, TypeScript, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Docker, Nginx
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Git
- SCRUM Agile
RMIT University | 2013 - 2016
- Bachelor of Information Technology - Application Programming
- Graduated with distinction
Project Cocoon | Jan 2020 - present
- Co-founder, technical lead and software engineer.
- Led team of 5 to work together on building Project Cocoon as a community platform for sharing and logging engineering projects.
- Implemented web application’s frontend using React with Apollo GraphQL and Nginx.
- Implemented backend services using Node.js, TypeScript, Apollo GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Docker.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines to automate code build, code deployment and ops tasks using Jenkins and GitLab CI.
- Built AWS infrastructure to host core web applications and internal sites by leveraging IaC with Terraform.
- Implemented CDN, WAF and DDoS protection service using Cloudflare.